Meandering

I've been thinking it would be a lot of fun to be blogging again. I've been thinking about it for ages, actually. I'm mostly a weird recluse these days, and I'm pretty suspicious of nostalgia on the whole...but I really miss blogs. From years past, before Twitter and Facebook were really things and people just chattered on blogs at length. There were writerly ones I adored. I suppose they're still around, but twitter kinda ate 'em.

So I set this up, dusted off my one remaining brain cell, did a wee little test post and thought, what the hell, I'll blog. It'll be fun. And then...I said absolutely nothing. 

I realized I couldn't think of anything that seemed worthwhile enough to talk about. As if each blog post needs a thesis statement and to function like a proper article, which of course isn't the case. It's just meandering jabber. Like a diary or a journal, but with more memes. 

So: this is a meandering and random post to indicate I exist and to go basically nowhere, thus taking all the pressure off future posts to be about anything useful. Sort of like buying or being gifted a really fancy notebook and being too intimidated, so you scribble and doodle stupid stuff all over the first page and, thus defaced, it's no longer fancy and intimidating. This is me defacing the blog, I suppose.

Further defacements as they occur.

Popular Posts